Why chocolate is poisonous to dogs


Chocolate is delicious to many, but unfortunately contains ingredients that our dogs cannot tolerate. What makes chocolate so toxic?

These ingredients, theobromine and caffeine, are toxic to our pets and can be found in the highest concentrations in dark or bakers chocolate. There is not a ‘safe’ amount of chocolate to give your pet.

These are the symptoms of a dog who has ingested big amount of chocolate:

  • Irregular heart rhythm
  • Seizures
  • Internal bleeding
  • Death

If you do think that your pet has eaten chocolate, it is very important to urgently contact your vet. The treatment of your pet depends on the amount of chocolate eaten and how long ago it was eaten.

Previous Unbelievable Animals That Saved People's Lives
Next Neither Monkey nor Ape-Lemur